Hurricane season is in full swing with tropical storm Dorian trucking our way and expecting to be Category 2 by the time it gets to Florida. The wind speed is projected to reach 100 mph which can potentially cause extensive damage to your roof and property.
Check List to Prepare Roof & Home:
- Secure your garage door
- Trim trees away from roof by 3 feet
- Make sure gutters are secure & are clear of debris for proper drainage
- Remove loose items from roof, such as broken tiles, shingles, broken branches, & debris
- Check all edge and eave metals for proper attachment
- Schedule a roof inspection to make sure roof isn’t damaged
- Seal & secure your roof
- Take photographs of your roof system & home prior to storm arriving in case you need to make an insurance claim after the storm
Better to be Prepared
Hurricanes can do all types of turns and twists so the time to prepare is now. Even if it is precautionary, it is always better to be safe than sorry. After the storm passes if you feel your roof needs to be assessed or repaired, make sure you hire a licensed and insured roofing company such as All American Roofing & Coating. We will be ready to assist all your roofing needs!